Friday, January 7, 2011

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


It's really hard not to be changed but something that we are constantly surrounded by. Everywhere you look there are things influencing you. Most of them are not good. They are worldly things, that are far from God's pleasing and perfect will.
Often times, I wonder why such things go on, when God could stop them.Then, as I was reading in my bible, I came across this: The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out. John 12:31. God gave Satan power over this world. Because He wants us to choose Him instead of choosing the things of this world. By choosing the things of this world, we are choosing Satan instead of God.

Lord, Help me not to be tempted by the things of this world. Let me choose You over Satan. Help me to follow your good, pleasing and perfect will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment